Monday, April 16, 2007

You Might Call This a Post-Modern Problem


Is there a 12-step program for internet addiction, because if there is, I need it. Okay, maybe that's a little bit over dramatic... But it wouldn't be a stretch to say that I like to check my RSS feeds like a madman (thank you Google Reader!). The whole Twitter thing doesn't really help the problem either, which is why I will say "goodbye" to Twitter. The whole micro-blogging thing is a bit too ADD for me.

I'll admit, it's nice to use blogs and sites like digg to get news and information as quickly as humanly possible, but the updates get to be like crack, and when that happens it's certainly not a pretty sight. In all seriousness though, I'm getting a bit jaded over this whole "information-fix" mentality that sites like digg and gamerblogs like joystiq and kotaku provide. Mark this day on your calendar folks, because from now on, I will be limiting my time on sites like this, and relying more on podcasts to keep informed on all things tech (hey, it's still better than watching the news!).

~

We'll see how long this actually lasts. I'm curious to see if I can even go one day without opening my Firefox browser... even I have my doubts.

No comments: